The movie takes place 2,000 years ago in Oceania, and “Moana” is about a 14-year-old Moana Waialiki completing her parents’ quest to find a fabled island in the Pacific Ocean. She comes across sea creatures and other beings, including her hero, … Continue reading
It was only yesterday that I found out that Robin Williams had passed away, age 63, he committed suicide and one of the leading cause was depression. I’m still processing the news and it’s shocking– I’ve watched the movies he … Continue reading
Are you ready for the next Avengers movies? Joss Whedon’s The Avengers: Age of Ultron debuts Friday- May 1, 2015. Personally, I feel that this movie will be another big hit for Disney, and it ‘s going to be a … Continue reading
Who are they? Disney Channel has a new original movie called Descendants a live-action starring the children of well known villains, heroes, and heroines of Disney stories.This entertainment on the big screen is suppose to be a musical adventure comedy … Continue reading
Heigh-ho! Heigh-ho! Disney’s off to work they go… With the completion of The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at Disney World’s new Fantasyland, Disney works hard to make sure that the official opening for the new ride will be scheduled as … Continue reading
Disney announced the addition of the world’s first Marvel-themed thrill ride at their Hong Kong park. Disney hopes that The Iron Man Experience will boost attendance at the park, which actually lost hundreds of millions of dollars since their 2005 … Continue reading
How exciting! Disney announced the 11 startups that will participate in the Disney Accelerator program.
The 11 companies selected to participate in the Disney Accelerator program are:
- Buzzstarter: billed as the world’s first scalable, programmatic content-marketing platform
- ChoreMonster: web and mobile platform that makes chores fun for kids and turns parents into superheroes
- Codarica: provides a kid-focused introduction to world of computer programming with help from characters Cody Coder and Holly Hacker
- Cogo: provides video monetization solutions for content creators
- Jogg: lets users gather, edit and share video and other content from their devices
- Sphero: develops a “connected play” system that lets users create robots controlled with a smart device
- Sidelines: sources high-quality online discussions from a team of 400-plus experts, and distributes these discussions to publishers based on relevance
- SnowShoe: created an interactive-play system with “magical” pieces of plastic that interact with touchscreens to create a bridge between physical items and digital content
- Twigtale: provides parents with personalized expert advice for major childhood transitions
- TYFFON: an entertainment app-development company and creator of the ZombieBooth series with more than 25 million total downloads
- Ubooly: a learning toy that talks and listens to kids that can be customized to know a child’s name, teach lessons and more.
The Disney Accelerator companies will meet with mentors regularly and work to expand business plans, product launches, marketing campaigns and formulate long-term strategies.
Best of luck to each of these startups! I can’t wait to see what each have to offer.
- Disneyland Prices Increases and Suspends SoCal Annual Passes
- May-leficent Giveaway: Win $200, Maleficent Mouse Ear Band, and More!!!
- MDC Fans Support “Up” themed House
- It’s a Small World 50th Anniversary!
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier Review
- “Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade” Debuts at Magic Kingdom Park